2021/10/15

Phantasmagoria - 光に降る雨

Phantasmagoria - Hikari Ni Furu Ame / Rain Falling on Light



闇をてらす眩い光 

Yami wo terasu mabayui hikari 


The dazzling light that illuminates the darkness 


包み込まれて吸い込まれてく 

Tsutsumikomarete suikomareteku 


Wraps me up and go on to draw me in. 


そして、泣き出す甘音聴く度には 

(Soshite nakidasu amaoto kiku tabi ni wa) 


And then I burst into tears each time I hear the sweet sound. 


僕の体はつめたくぬれてゆく 

Boku no karada wa tsumetaku nureteyuku 


My body freezes as it continues to get wet. 


Since silence of that man surely begin to rain for it. 


確かな温もりを感じて 

Tashikana nukumori wo kanjite 


Feeling a definite¹ warmth 


旅立つことを夢に見る 

Tabidatsu koto wo yume ni miru 


I dream of departing². 


体に注ぎ続ける雨は 

Karada ni sosogi tsuzukeru ame wa 


The rain continues to pour in my body, 


なぜか優しさ道あふれてく 

Naze ka yasashisa michi afureteku 


For some reason the path is brimming with grace³. 


いつか来るべき時が今来たのだと 

Itsuka kurubeki toki ga ima kitanodato 


The time that is ought to come has come now 


差し伸べる手は光り輝いて 

Sashinoberu te wa hikari kagayaite 


My held out hand⁴ shining brightly. 


Since silence of that man surely begin to rain for it. 


確かな温もりを感じて 

Tashikana nukumori wo kanjite 


Feeling a definite warmth 


旅立つを夢見た 

Tabidastu wo yumemita 


I dreamt of departing. 


このまま光浴びても枯れてゆく 

Kono mama hikari abite mo karete yuku 


Even if I keep basking in the light⁵ I will go on withering. 


この手が動かない時流れる雨はここから生まれ 

Kono te ga ugokanai toki nagareru ame wa koko kara umare 


The rain that flows the moment this hand stops moving is born from here. 


悲しみの涙止むことはない 

Kanashimi no namida yamu koto wa nai 


The tears of sadness are not to stop. 


溺れてく気持ち 

Oboreteku kimochi 


The feelings go on drowning. 


傘も捧ずにしたたり落ちる甘声 

Kasa mo sasazuni (shitatari)ochiru amagoe 


Umbrella too is left unlifted as it trickles down, the sweet voice⁶. 


ゆらめく明かりに思いをのせて見る 

Yurameku akari ni omoi wo nosete miru 


In the flickering light I try to put my thoughts 


ながめる空にそう雨後晴れだと信じのぞむ 

Nagameru sora ni sou ame nochi hare dato (shinji nozomu) 


I wish to believe that after the rain the sky I'm looking at will be clear⁷ 


このまま光浴びても枯れてゆく 

Kono mama hikari abite mo karete yuku 


Even if I keep basking in the light⁵ I will go on withering. 


この手が動かない時流れる 雨はここから生まれ 

Kono te ga ugokanai toki nagareru Ame wa koko kara umare 


The rain that flows the moment this hand stops moving is born from here. 


この身果てることが 

Kono mihateru koto ga 


The perishing of this body . . . .⁸ 


命とは光と雨 

Inochi to (wa) hikari to ame 


Life is light and rain⁹. 





NOTES:-


¹ 確かな / tashikana = certain, positive, safe, etc 


² I've used departing for 旅立つ/ tabidastu which means to embark on a journey and to die. Riku means both of them. 


³ yasashisa means lots of things but I've used “grace” deliberately because of the band's concept annnd this song. This journey that he's on is no causal journey, it's a pilgrimage, most likely hehe 


⁴ 差し伸べる手 / sashinoberu te = extended hand or hand that's reaching out but welp I translated it like that 


⁵ light here means grace. (Grace of god and you know who's the god in Phantasmagoria 's universe? Kisaki hehehe. No like literally it's not a joke or pun lol) 


⁶ the “it” is rain; 甘声 / amagoe = that same voice he hears in third line probably the voice of grace 


⁷ 晴れ / hare = clear weather or sky and another meaning is to clear suspicions or doubts. So all his questions will be answered. 


⁸ the dots are used because the line is left unfinished 


⁹ here light is for good days while rain for struggling days and more deeper meanings that we all know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment